Elevate your avocado toast with smoked salmon and eggs
As a child, my Sunday mornings were often filled with the delicious aroma of my mother’s homemade Eggs Benedict. She would carefully prepare each ingredient with love and attention, from the perfectly poached eggs to the tangy hollandaise sauce.
But it wasn’t until I moved out on my own and started experimenting with my own twists on the classic recipe that I discovered the magic of adding avocado and smoked salmon. The creamy avocado added a rich and velvety texture, while the smoky salmon added an unexpected depth of flavor.
I’ve since made this version of Eggs Benedict my own, and it has become a staple at my weekend brunch gatherings. Every time I make it, I’m transported back to those cozy Sunday mornings with my family. And I love watching the delight on my friends’ faces as they take their first bite of this delicious and unique twist on a classic dish.
Whether you’re a brunch enthusiast or just looking for a new and delicious breakfast option, I highly recommend giving this recipe a try. It’s sure to become a new favorite!
Eggs Benedict with Avocado and Smoked Salmon
- 2 English muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika for garnish
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and add the white vinegar. Bring to a gentle boil over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, toast the English muffins until they are golden brown and set aside.
- Peel and slice the avocado and set aside.
- Once the water is boiling, carefully crack the eggs into the saucepan, one at a time. Cook the eggs for about 3 minutes, or until the whites are cooked and the yolks are still soft.
- Carefully remove the eggs from the saucepan and place them on a paper towel to drain.
- Place the English muffins on a serving plate and top each one with a slice of avocado, a slice of smoked salmon, and a poached egg.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the lemon butter sauce over the eggs and smoked salmon, and garnish with a sprinkle of paprika. Serve immediately.